We share upcoming opportunities for the voluntary sector to connect and upskill for free.
This free lunch time webinar delivered by PCC will explore:
- What is collaboration?
- An overview of the interpersonal skills needed for collaborative working to thrive.
- The benefits of collaborative working
Book here for the 60-minute free workshop:
Dunhill Medical Trust is partnering with the team at Moore Kingston Smith Non-Profit Advisory and the University of Birmingham’s School of Social Policy to deliver high quality training. The programme is aimed particularly at community-facing organisations working to support older people to thrive in safe, healthy, and well-connected homes and communities.
Their first free webinar – which will be on Impact – will take place on November 28th. This webinar will be run by Karl Leathem, from Moore Kingston Smith Non-Profit Advisory who has worked with hundreds of community-facing organisations over twenty-five years, assisting them with evaluating and communicating social impact.
How to get press coverage
On Thursday 23rd November, the council are hosting a ‘How to get press coverage’ for your business (organisation) event at Tooting Works, with journalist Rebecca Burn-Callander former enterprise editor of the Daily Telegraph. The link to book is here.
Skills and Employment Practitioners’ Share Best Practice
The South London Skills & Employment Community of Practice meet to share best practice with quarterly one hour sessions online. Aims are:
- Help strengthen the understanding of the skills and employment support available in South London.
- Identify funding opportunities and support consortium applications to bring more funding into the sub-region.
- Upskill yourselves and others through sharing of best practice.
Anyone delivering programmes or hoping to connect with skills and employment practitioners across South London. Including adult education providers, community based practitioners & VCS representatives, JCPs, employment support providers, external signposting organisations, social prescribers, borough employment practitioners and training providers.
27th November 2-3pm
Inclusive family financial education
free funded workshops for practitioners to help children and families learn about money. The training is delivered by the Campaign for Learning and is funded by the Money and Pensions Service.
No specialist knowledge is needed to attend any workshop running up to 12 December 2023
Help older homeowners to improve their homes
free webinar 30th November – open the flyer
Mental health awareness training
Ongoing training from MHFA England – find courses
SWL ICB free Lunch and learn sessions for Adult safeguarding awareness week.
Monday, 20 Nov, 12:00-13:30: What’s My Role in Safeguarding Adults? Registration
Tuesday, 21 Nov, 12:00-13:00: Organisations Working Together: Community Safety: Registration
Wandsworth Safeguarding Children Partnership events
- Intra-familial Child Sexual Abuse (Friday 24 November 2023 at 9:30am – 5:00pm)
- Threshold Document Workshop (Thursday 30 November 2023 at 10:00am – 12:00pm)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Breast Flattening / Ironing (Thursday 30 November 2023 at 10:00am – 11:30am)
7. Forced Marriage Case Review and Lived Experience (Monday 4 December 2023 at 10:00am – 11:30am)
Enhancing the welfare advice offer
This online workshop is for organisations who offer welfare advice. The session is delivered by the SWL & St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust. The purpose is to understand the best way to enhance the welfare advice offer for Wandsworth service users.
29th November 3pm-4pm
Meeting ID: 337 618 404 327