The aim of our work is to empower and support the people we work with particularly marginalised groups, to have an effective voice and role in the community.
Here are some of our key achievements:
- Healthwatch launched the #itstartswithyou campaign locally, to make sure people know about us and what we can do to help improve health & social care services for local people.
- The Healthwatch team attended 73 community events and have spoken to over 1028 patients, service users and carers
- We have gained a unique perspective of the mental health challenges faced by prisoners, both while in prison and later when they are released.
- We’ve raised the profile of LGBTQ+ community mental health with Transport for London
- Ongoing discussions with GP Practices and Care providers have provided information on how they can be more LGBT inclusive
- Voicing Views has been heavily involved in the re-shaping of the Rehabilitation Service
- Following involvement from Wandsworth Voluntary Sector Coordination Service the Health and Wellbeing Board has now agreed to a voluntary sector seat on the board
- Our mailing list now comprises around 400 different voluntary and community organisations and groups
- We have recruited 4 new volunteer representatives to attend Learning Disability Clinical Reference Group and Health Actions group meetings
Read our full WCA Highlights 2017 to 2018.